Home, Happy, & Hearts Full
Our Nepal Team is home. All four men are safe and sound if a bit weary and one a bit fevered. Jeremiah texted yesterday evening with a note for his church family...
I would like to ask the church family to pray for me as I recover from a fever that hit me on the flight back home. I told Darlene that as terrible as I feel right now, I would go back in a heartbeat.
The rest of the Nepal Team members are resting today and taking care of loved ones on this side of the globe. Rick will be visiting his Mom in Ohio before returning to his regular routine in the next few days and Luke is resting today before he heads back to his regular not-in-the-middle-of-the-world's-largest-mountains job tomorrow.
Darrin, too, is resting today after spending much of yesterday being followed around by the other five of his family saying, "You're really home!" We stopped on the way home for big ol' burgers and a swing by the bookstore...so all is quickly getting back to normal in our world.
With a similar sentiment as Jeremiah, Darrin says that this trip was perhaps one of the most important of his life.
Please make plans to come to church next Sunday, November 22, as the men will share their stories and their hearts regarding OUR trip to Nepal. This Sunday, November 15 for a short summary and a few pictures from the trip, an appetizer of sorts. You are going to want to be there to see what God accomplished as we sent and they went.
The Nepal Team certainly wishes to thank their FBC family for the abundant prayer support and encouragement...
Can you imagine what it would have been like to be all the way over there with no one back home praying for us. It would have been impossible for us.
Prayer focus for today:
- For the team to enjoy restful time with their families today.
- For ease as they return to their regular lives while keeping their hearts hot for the work that God accomplished through them in Nepal.
- For the missionary families as they do vital work daily in Nepal.
- For the Nichols family (particularly Darlene ;-) as they deal with the illnesses of Jeremiah and Olivia.
- That the Nepali pastors would hold in their hearts and apply what they learned in the last many days as they return to their churches to lead them, some in the face of persecution and great difficulty.
"To belong to Jesus is to embrace the nations with Him."